This is being written the morning after the storm.
Contacting friends, I got first hand reports of the storm in various regions.
- At my house was marble sized hail and strong thunder and lightning.
- On the route from Kerrville to Bandera the “Lightning was insane.”
- Fist sized hail stones fell at the indicated point on the map.
- Funnel Clouds were seen developing over Bandera/Pipe Creek area.
–During The Hailstorm, By Zach Lyman
To prepare for this emergency, we got out a number of supplies to protect from hail from flashlights to water in case pipes broke. Here’s what we had, and what you need next time you have to weather a storm.
- Flashlights: If the power goes out, or you need to go out into the dark night, flashlights are a necessity. I like the Maglite ML300LX LED 3-Cell D Flashlight, Matte Black ,but any strong beam will suffice.
- Water Purification: Drink water straight out of puddles, rivers, and flash floods with the Life Straw
- Food Rations: Because even when the power goes out and you can’t cook, you’ll still be hungry. I find that Clif Bars are a terrific non cook food for adventures and survival. Personally I like CLIF BAR -Chocolate Chip)
- Hard Hat: Don’t learn the hard way that a helmet is the best thing you can have in a hail storm. If it gets very big, no umbrella is going to help. This one could be a life saver! The MSA Safety Works Hard Hat is sure to protect your noggin!